Teacher Training – Sunset Pilates
Sunset Pilates Course Outline
This comprehensive 780 hour program is offered in a 6 month format. The class size is limited to ensure a high level of attention and service.
- Student’s must be an existing client of Sunset Pilates Studio.
- Student’s must have a passion for Pilates and a desire to learn.
Each student will learn:
- The six core principals of the Traditional Pilates system.
- The philosophy and history of Pilates.
- Teaching ethics and principles
- How to design a lesson plan
- The concept of anatomy applicable to specific pilates exercises, biomechanics and body analysis.
- Teaching groups (Prenatal and Postnatal, Athletes, Seniors etc.)
- Extensive rehabilitation knowledge (Scoliosis, Post Cancer, Lordosis, Degenerative Disc Disease or DDD, Post Stroke etc.) and research into a case study
- The Fundamental or Pre-Pilates exercises
- Mat exercises (Level 1- 2 – 3 – 4) & Props
- Reformer exercises (Level 1 – 2 – 3 – 4) & Props
- Other Equipment : Cadillac, Spine corrector, Ladder Barrel, Wundachair
- Lecture/Seminar participation: 80 hours (13 to 14 hrs per week end)
- Personal Practice: 250 hours (at least 4 hours a week)
- Assisting Teaching And Observing: 50 hours
- Practice Teaching: 400 hours (including a case study)
A midterm exam will be conducted for the mat certification, consisting of a theoretical exam, presentation and the teaching of fundamental and mat exercises. A total of 780 hours is required before a student can do the final exam and earn their Comprehensive Teachers Training Certificate and become a qualified Pilates Teacher.
Please contact us for pricing and more info.